Gary along with Adam and Ron recently completed an internal repaint of our Villa in Malvern. We are pleased to provide this unsolicited reference and do so because we were delighted with the no fuss, professional manner in which the work was completed. The following qualities distinguished Lancaster from other painters which we have used in the past:
- Timely arrival at the start of the project and each work day.
- Good communication regarding recommendations, access and general issues.
- Thorough surface preparation. This process was not hurried. In some cases two days were required to professionally prepare a room before painting. All drummy plaster was removed and new render applied, gaps were filled, surface defects repaired, handles and fitments removed to ensure a professional finish.
- A polite and respectful manner towards all members of the household, always asking for permission before moving into a work area or using facilities.
- A cheerful approach to the task.
- A commitment to achieving a high standard of finish. A third coat was applied where necessary without any suggestion that further payment would be required.
- Assisted with the moving of heavy items of furniture.
- The last detail. Repairs to damaged door jambs, painting of yellowed exhaust fan grilles and other things not done by other painters.
- Identified where other trades were required to achieve the best outcome and arranged a tiler and cabinetmaker on our behalf. This work was also first class.
- Impeccably orderly and clean work habits. Work areas were regularly vacuumed to minimize dust. Drop mats which were extensively used were always clean and neatly folded in an agreed location at the end of each day’s work.
- Eight rooms were prepared and painted to this very high standard in 7 working days in the lead up to Christmas. The availability of a skilled three person team kept the length of disruption of the household to a minimum.
We are pleased to recommend GD and JA Lancaster and thank them for an excellent job. We will be using them again.